- 2x Horseshoe Pits
- 3x Picnic Shelter w/Grill – Regular
- Playground Area
- Restroom Facilities
- United Way Child Development Trail
- Volleyball Court
- Walking Trail
G.H. Freeman Park
Features & Amenities
History of G.H. Freeman Park
The Freeman family was dedicated to the citizens of Plano in Warren County, Kentucky. It was there that Doctor Freeman began his practice in the early 1900’s, and he passed this heritage on to his son, G. H. Freeman, Jr., and his wife, Thelma.
G.H. Freeman, Jr., was a veteran of World War II and served as a magistrate and jailer of Warren County. Mr. Freeman was chairman of the Warren County Parks and Recreation Department Advisory Board and a supporter of the recreation programs they offered.
To express their appreciation to the citizens of the Plano Community and Warren County, seven acres were donated to Warren County Government to be developed into a park—one acre for each child in the G.H. Freeman, Jr. family.
The park was developed in phases beginning in 1955 with construction of parking area, a picnic shelter, playground, and the planting of 109 trees provided by a grant from the Department of Forestry.
Today the park offers two additional picnic shelters, a walking trail, volleyball area, and horseshoe pits, as well as a restroom facility. It is located in a quiet farming area of the County, yet only a 10-minute drive from Basil Griffin Park—truly an asset to the Warren County Parks system.