Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the Stormwater Management Division in compliance with Warren County’s NPDES Phase II permit. Responsibilities include assisting with collection and maintenance of stormwater infrastructure data, inspection of Erosion Control Best Management Practices (BMP’s), inspection of post construction storm water quality BMP’s, and education and outreach events.
Qualifications: A candidate applying for this position should be a graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a natural, biological or physical science or graduate of a college. A GIS certificate is desired. A Driver’s License is required.
Position Wage: This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week $18.00-$21.50 per hour. Medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance is available to all employees after a 60-day probationary period (employee is responsible for paying a percentage of this cost).
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions: The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct site inspections conduct investigations, and enforcement of active construction projects to ensure compliance with construction site stormwater runoff control and post-construction requirements for Warren County’s NPDES Phase II permit.
- Responsible for following the County’s BMP Manual, Stormwater Quality Management Plan, Monitoring Plan, and related policies and procedures.
- Assist with trainings, events and outreach relating to construction compliance with Warren County’s NPDES Phase II permit.
- Respond to citizen request for inspections.
- Assist with inventory and inspect municipal facilities and operations to ensure operations are performed in ways that minimize impact to stormwater quality.
- Assist with “dry weather” field screening as a part of the illicit discharge detection and elimination control measure.
- Assist with water sampling and monitoring.
- Assist with collection, editing, and dissemination of Warren County Stormwater infrastructure data.
- Assist with environmental education and outreach programs.
- Represent DSM at events, trainings and conferences as required